Volunteers are a dedicated group of individuals who perform various tasks to help keep the convention running smoothly.
• Be respectful and have a positive attitude.
• You must be over the age of 18 to be a volunteer.
• No specific skills are required. As long as you’re of age and are willing to help, you’re a volunteer in our eyes.
• Present yourself positively. This includes good personal hygiene, grooming and mode of dress.
• Please dress appropriately and remember that costume and cosplay are discouraged while on shift.
• Volunteers are required to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours throughout the whole day.
• Volunteers must keep in contact with the Super Saturday staff if any questions or issues.
• You may need to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Each position has different tasks and requirements you will need to meet to fulfill your part of volunteering.
• Once you’ve contacted us and told us where you’d like to help, our staff will contact you and keep you up to
speed on what is expected of you.
• Volunteers are required to follow the same policy, code of conduct and other rules set forth by the convention for all attendees. No exceptions.
• You will be responsible for covering any travel/expenses/accommodations you require.
• You will received a staff badge when we have an meeting. Staff badge MUST be worn during volunteer
We can work a schedule around your availability. We want you to enjoy the event first and foremost. Volunteers will be assigned in 4 hour time blocks. You may volunteer as many hours as you wish.
A volunteer schedule is pre-made and emailed before the convention starts. You are expected to attend all of the shifts you are scheduled, if you do not show up without notice, your shift will be given to someone else.
- Stand by the entrance and exit doors
- You must verify attendee’s badges to make sure they are registered for the day’s event.
Registration / Front table
- Assisting the customer with their pre-order wristbands and vendor badges
- Customer services, lost and found
Set up / Break down:
- This requires volunteers who can commit to being available before and/or after the convention.
- Showing the vendors where to load up their items on the set up day and the breakdown.
Walker / Helper:
- Walk around and check both vendors and attendees to ensure they are comfortable and well.
- Assist when they need help, maybe to stay in their booth temporary when the vendor needs to go restroom, etc.
- Line control